Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
1 medium eggplant, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 25-ounce jar Bontà Della Marinara Sauce
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
1 pound shell-on large shrimp
Fresh parsley for garnish
- Place the diced eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let sit while you continue with the recipe to remove some of the moisture from the eggplant.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the paprika and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Squeeze the eggplant dry with a clean dish towel and add it to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes, until the eggplant is tender. Remove the pan from the oven and distribute the shrimp throughout the dish. Cook for 5 more minutes, until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.