Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
2 14-ounce packages extra-firm tofu, drained
1 cup short-grain white rice, rinsed
1 tablespoon oil of your choice
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1 cup Bontà Della Arrabbiata Sauce
2 cups baby spinach
2 scallions, minced, for garnish
Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Wrap the tofu in a clean dish towel and place something heavy on top. Let this sit for 10-15 minutes to drain out excess water, which will help crisp up the tofu.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes, until the grains are tender.
- After pressing, tear the tofu into 2-inch pieces (the rough edges make crispier tofu) and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the tofu, working in batches to avoid crowding the pan. Cook the tofu for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden and crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with remaining tofu.
- Add the coconut milk and tomato sauce to the skillet and heat through, stirring until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the rice between serving plates. Top with crispy tofu, sauce, and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.